Submit entertainment announcements at www.connectionnewspapers.com/Calendar/. The deadline is noon on Friday. Photos/artwork encouraged. Ongoing ...
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage incre...
And so, what happens next? There's calm and then there's an eventual storm. The storm to which I refer is what will happen after the March 2nd meet...
RICHMOND, Va. – Going into the 2020 legislative session, advocates say Democratic leaders had an ambitious marijuana reform agenda. By crossover da...
- 13th Annual Exceptional Schools Fair 2019 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Senior Living Special Focus edition publishing soon 0 comments
- Why a Regional Wage in Virginia?
- General Assembly Snuffs Marijuana Legalization Hopes for Now in Virginia
- Over 1,000 Democrat-Backed Bills Pass by Crossover in Virginia
- Fairfax County Government Center Reception Highlights Area Charities
- Democracy Looks Like This in Reston
- South Lakes High School Boys, Girls Win District Championship
- Seahawks Break Records During the Winter Break
- First Ever Stand Up Paddle Board Triathlon Held in Reston
- South Lakes Seahawks Win State Soccer Championships
- South Lakes Girls Point and a Half Shy of State Title
- Opinion: Column: One Step Forward, Hopefully Not Two Steps Backward
- Opinion: Commentary: Arriving at Crossover with Many Bills Moving in Virginia
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Thank You, Reston
- Opinion: Commentary: Black History Month 2020
- Opinion: Independent Progressive: Lake Anne Progress Despite Governance
Effort to raise minimum wage hits snag on Senate floor, leading to regional approach.
It’s shortly after 7 p.m. on a Tuesday night, and state Sen. Scott Surovell (D-36) is working the Senate chamber to save the minimum wage increase. This particular Tuesday isn’t just any day of the week. It’s the final deadline for Senate bills to cross over to the House, so the pressure is building as the clock winds down. Senators are tired and cranky, and they will be working past midnight.
General Assembly advances marijuana decriminalization by Herring and Ebbin.